Hi John McGuire with McGuire Law Firm. In this video, I'm going to talk about IRS form 12 153. This can be a very important form for individuals that are having debts or disputes with the IRS. What it is, is basically the form you would file to request a collection due process hearing. You have the right to request this hearing and thus file form 12 153 when the IRS has issued certain notices, most importantly a final notice of intent to levy. So, on this form, you would basically state your information. Whatever the taxpayer's name is, if it's you individually, it's going to be your individual name, address, social security number, and so forth. If it's a business, you would provide the business information. Then, you state the tax periods that are at issue and what your request is in terms of an alternative to collective action. Why does the IRS not need to enforce collection of a debt? Are you going to settle the tax debt with an offer in compromise? Are you going to satisfy the tax debt with an installment agreement? Then, you file this form. Generally, you're going to send it to the address where you received the form from, and you'll eventually get a notice that the appeals office has received your request. Then, eventually, the IRS appeals office will call a hearing date and request certain information, and you get to have a hearing with an appeals officer whereby you can make your argument, so to speak, as to how you are going to resolve this matter. The appeals officer also looks at the procedure and the collection action taken by the IRS to make sure that they have basically given you your due process and not overstepped their bounds and...
Award-winning PDF software
How to fill 12153 Form: What You Should Know
The IRS asks that you keep a copy of the hearing. The IRS will give instructions for the hearing. If they are unreasonable, don't file for the hearing. Instead, contact the IRS customer service division, where the IRS will have you complete a TPA request form (form 3523). The TPA request form can be found online here. Fill in a small box, and follow instructions on where to complete the form. Once you're finished, send the form to the address shown here.
Online solutions help you to manage your record administration along with raise the efficiency of the workflows. Stick to the fast guide to do Form 12153, steer clear of blunders along with furnish it in a timely manner:
How to complete any Form 12153 online:
- On the site with all the document, click on Begin immediately along with complete for the editor.
- Use your indications to submit established track record areas.
- Add your own info and speak to data.
- Make sure that you enter correct details and numbers throughout suitable areas.
- Very carefully confirm the content of the form as well as grammar along with punctuational.
- Navigate to Support area when you have questions or perhaps handle our assistance team.
- Place an electronic digital unique in your Form 12153 by using Sign Device.
- After the form is fully gone, media Completed.
- Deliver the particular prepared document by way of electronic mail or facsimile, art print it out or perhaps reduce the gadget.
PDF editor permits you to help make changes to your Form 12153 from the internet connected gadget, personalize it based on your requirements, indicator this in electronic format and also disperse differently.